Phoenix Comic Fest is committed to ensuring the safety, security, and enjoyment of all our vendors, panelists, guests, and attendees. It is our responsibility to carry out safety procedures that will keep all our events safe from harm, harassment, and discrimination. It is the responsibility of our vendors, panelists, guests, and attendees to follow these policies to ensure their personal and possessions do not put others at risk.
Our events are family friendly and encourage the attendance of families with children. All attendees should be aware of where they are, where others are, and how your movements may impact those around you. The venue for Phoenix Comic Fest can get crowded, if you are wearing a costume, especially one that limits your vision, wearing or carrying props, or have small children and strollers, you should be aware that your movements may impede or injure others around you.
The following safety and security protocols meet the minimum legal and venue requirements for Phoenix Comic Fest and provide the safest environment for all. As new laws, venue requirements, and methods of creating cosplay props and costumes arise, our safety and security policies will evolve to meet the level of security necessary in each community in which we operate. Each venue may have its own set of rules and those will be posted as needed. The following minimum requirements apply for Phoenix Comic Fest.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Event credentials must be worn and visible at all times. Individuals without event credentials will not be allowed in convention space.
- Acceptance of a Phoenix Comic Fest membership credential and admission to the convention constitutes an agreement to allow Phoenix Comic Fest, its agents, or assignees to use your image and/or likeness for advertising or promotion by Phoenix Comic Fest by any media now known or hereafter devised.
- It is unlawful to duplicate Phoenix Comic Fest membership credentials.
- Each even credential admits one person to the Phoenix Comic Fest.
- Event credentials are non-transferable and non-replaceable.
- Metal detection, bag checks, police presence and enhanced security procedures will be at all entrance points.
- All guests, vendors, contractors, press, panelists, staff, crew, and attendees are subject to metal detection, search, and/or prop and weapons check every time they enter the building and at any time during the event
- Venue, security, and Law Enforcement personnel have authority to modify or update these protocols at any time
- Venue, security, and Law Enforcement decisions are final and we reserve the right to remove anyone outside of compliance with these security protocols at any time
- Clear bags, clear purses, and clear backpacks are recommended.
- Non-clear bags are allowed but subject to thorough search
- Bag policies do not pertain to ADA and medically necessary bags and equipment, which are allowed, but subject to search.
Large, obstructive items
- Wagons, wheeled coolers, and large strollers, and other bulky items can be obstructive in the hallways and exhibit hall and are prohibited. We recommend quick folding or umbrella-style strollers.
- All items will be subject to search.
- Service animals are permitted but it is recommended they wear official service animal designation for easy identification
- Service animals in costume is not preferred, but should you choose to costume your service animal, it is recommended the costume not cover official service animal designation
- Aggressive animals or those that pose a threat to the safety of attendees will be removed from the event
- Rollerblades, skates, skateboards, wheelie shoes, razer scooters, segways, and hoverboards are not permitted even if they are part of a costume.
- Scooter, wheelchairs, and motorized chairs necessary for mobility are permitted but are subject to search
Remote control items
- Remote control vehicles, aircraft, and drones are not allowed inside the event venue at any time.
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Shoe removal is permitted when it is essential to the integrity of a costume, but only for photos and must be immediately replaced
- Moving around the exhibit hall or any area of the facility without shoes is not permitted
- Although your event credential is required to enter all events, the credential alone does not guarantee access to any programming, panel, or other events. All rooms have room capacities set by the Fire Marshal and are subject to the discretion of the event venue and Phoenix Comic Fest staff.
- Standing in aisles or near exits in a programming room is not permitted. All attendees must have a seat in the room to attend.
- Refunds will not be offered if a program or panel is full.
- Possession of firearms is strictly prohibited, including concealed and non-concealed firearms and weapons.
- All children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
- Daily curfew hours for the City of Phoenix are from 10pm for children 15 years old and younger, and 12am (midnight) for 16 and 17-year-old children. Curfew hours apply seven days a week year round. Children that are on legitimate business authorized by a parent or guardian, or in the care and custody of another adult, are not in violation of the curfew ordinance. Phoenix City Ordinance Code (pcc23-3) places responsibility on parents and guardians to supervise their juvenile children and to take custody of them if they violate curfew.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink may be brought into the Convention Center for personal use only. Food and drink will be available for purchase on site.
- Phoenix Comic Fest is not liable for missing belongings. Lost and Found is located at the Information Desk.
Distribution of Flyers and other materials
- There will be no distribution or flyers or other materials without prior approval of Phoenix Comic Fest. Flyers and other materials left in convention space without approval will be discarded.
The following behaviors are not allowed at Phoenix Comic Fest:
- Disruptive or unsafe behavior that disturbs attendees, staff, guests, or exhibitors
- Sleeping in convention space
- Physical or verbal harassment of staff, guests, exhibitors, or other attendees
- Destruction or defacement of Convention Center or hotel property
- Sexual misconduct such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment
- Unwanted touching without permission of the individual such as glomping, hugging, etc.
- Any activity prohibited by law
- Amplified music is prohibited in convention space.
- Dancing is not permitted in the Exhibitor Hall at any time. Dancing is not permitted in hallways or walkways. If you would like to dance, please do so outside in an open area that does not disrupt convention activity.
- The construction and display of signs by attendees are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to such signs as “Free Hugs,” “Will Yuri for Yaoi,” or “Glomps for Cash.” Attendees carrying such signage will be warned and have the sign confiscated. Phoenix Comic Fest staff reserves the right to revoke the credentials of attendees carrying such signs. Signs that are a necessary part of a costume may be permitted with the approval of convention staff.
- The posting of signs is prohibited in all convention space.
- When taking pictures, please be conscious of traffic around you and do not block walkways for extended periods.
- Please be considerate and ask before taking pictures of other attendees, guests, or staff.
This policy is subject to change at our discretion, please check for any updates.